The Ultimate Fall Bucket List
As those first leaves begin falling and the crisp air finally makes its way back, we are reminded again of the fleeting beauty that fall has to offer. Here in the midwest, fall might be one of our quicker seasons, in between the sweltering summer heat and blustery winter days, but we sure make the most of it. Before the busyness of the holidays roll around, take time this fall to slow down and enjoy the simple things. So, here’s our ultimate fall bucket list for simple, peaceful living!
- View the Changing Leaves - Around the Chicago area, the colors tend to change around the second week of October. So, grab the camera and get outside to see those leaves. Our favorite places to catch the colors are at Starved Rock State Park!
- Bake Something Sweet - Apple crisps and pumpkin pies are calling your name. This fall, treat yourself to something sweet.
- Watch Your Favorite Fall Movies- Grab the popcorn and candy, because no fall is complete without a good flick! Scary movies or not, there are plenty of options to cozy up and watch something this season! Our favorite? Hocus Pocus!
- Take a Fall Walk - Start your morning off right with a brisk, crisp walk around your neighborhood. Grab your coffee mug and your favorite vest and enjoy what YOUR neighborhood has to offer this season!
- Host a Gathering - Nothing says fall like a harvest party or dinner party! Get your closest friends together for good food and drinks beside a bonfire. (Check out our must-have hand-crafted foods for your fall gathering!)
- Do Something Kind for a Neighbor- Make it a season for giving. Gift your neighbor your time by raking leaves for them or by bringing them a sweet treat!
- Visit a Local Farmers’ Market - Catch the last of the outdoor farmers’ markets this season and get some fresh produce or beautiful fall blooms to brighten up your home!
- Read a New Book- Head to the library to check out a new book to read. Light a candle and grab a cup of tea while you read!
- Carve a Pumpkin - Of course, picking out and carving the perfect pumpkin is a fall tradition you can’t pass up!
- Create a Gratitude List- Our favorite fall bucket list item! List out everything you are grateful for this season and display it somewhere in your home to remind you of all the simple joys to be thankful for.
We wish you all a beautiful fall season!