The 4th is just a week away, so we've put together some fun and festive recipes to bring some festive flare to your menu! Check out these red, white and blue treats below:
4th of July Cake in a Jar by Emily Enchanted
- White Cake Mix, red food coloring, blue food coloring, 4 mason jar (approx. 1/2 pint size), 1 container white frosting, red/white/blue sprinkles
Red, White and Blue Trifles by Fox and Briar
- 1 angel food cake About 12 ounces, store bought or homemade, 2 pounds strawberries, 12 ounces blueberries, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 pint heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla
Summer Fruit Salsa by Home. Made. Interest.
- 1 pint Strawberries, 1 pint Blueberries, 2 Apple, 1/4 cup Sugar, 1/2 Lemon, juiced, Cinnamon Chips, 6 Flour Tortillas, 1/4 cup Butter, 1 cup Sugar, 1 tablespoon Cinnamon, or more to taste
Here's our go-to guide for delicious teas:
Ginger Peach Tea
This is one of our favorite summer teas with bright flavors! "Fragrant jasmine green tea from Hubei, China combined with ginger and dried peach. Sweet and spicy with the sweet aroma of jasmine blossoms."
You can't go wrong with a standard breakfast tea with spice, cocoa, and caramelized sugar flavors! Would go perfect with any breakfast item on your menu!
Earl Grey Tea
The perfect black tea with notes of bergamot to start your day! Our favorite breakfast sweet to pair? Lemon and lavender scones. Yum!
This sweet and buttery tea is a light tea option that is both delicious and packs a healthy punch. Green teas are known for their many health benefits, so it's always a great option!
Green tea just got even better with this flowery blend! The added jasmine and rose not only add healthy components, but lovely flavors to level up your tea drinking.
Want to order any of our teas? Click here or stop in the store!
And since summer has just about arrived, here's a couple tips if you love iced tea!
- for every cup of water, use one tea bag
- allow to steep for about four to five minutes
- after the tea is about room temperature, place in the refrigerator, chill & enjoy!
It's just about berry season, so we're rounding up some of our favorite berry inspired recipes. Nothing says summer like a delicious berry dessert. Fresh and sweet, and the perfect addition to any summer menu. And here's a tip, pair any of these recipes with a dollop or two of vanilla ice cream for a sweet treat that beats the heat!
Mixed Berry Pie by Taste of Home
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup cold butter, cubed, 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, Dash salt, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional), 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1 cup fresh raspberries, 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, 3/4 cup fresh blackberries, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter
Berry Crumble Bars by Celebrating Sweets
Crust and Topping:
- 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 3 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, finely grated zest of 1 small lemon optional,1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes,1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups chopped fresh berries see note, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 4 teaspoons cornstarch, juice of 1 small lemon
Mixed Fruit Tart by Food Network
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature, 1/2 cup sugar , 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , 1 large egg , 1 tablespoon heavy cream , 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, 1/2 cup sugar , 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , 1 cup heavy cream , 4 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries and halved strawberries , 1/2 cup apricot preserves
Spring has sprung at Peace Marketplace! And we’re celebrating with our brand new candle scents that are now lining the store shelves. As the trees bloom, bring life to your home with bright fresh scents. When purchasing candles, keep these things in mind:
- Think about your favorite spring scents - fresh florals are always a great go-to!
- Consider the quality of your candle - Many candles are paraffin based, which aren't the best for your home. Think about looking for soy or beeswax candles that utilize essential oils. They are a bit healthier and don't compromise scents or long-lasting burns!
- Find a candle that looks as great as it smells - Look for candles that will blend seamlessly into your home's design. Not only will they look like they 'belong' in any room, but they are a great gift, too!
Some store-favorite scents have been restocked, like our Blackberry Sage, Lemony Verbena, and Oak Apple & Lavender! But, we are so excited to introduce just a few of the fantastic new candles too.
- Peach Tea - A refreshing balance of sweetened iced tea, ginger and juicy peach
- Weathered Teak - Leads with spicy tones of ginger and peppercorn. Middle notes of teak wood and tobacco leaf fuse into the finale of amber, green mush and sandalwood.
- Sugared Citrus - Sugared showered citrus and tropical fruits of strawberry and guava atop wood and greens.
- Apothecary - Aromatherapy infusion of rosemary, fir needle, cedar leaf and green florals surround its earth sage base.
Stop by the store and check out these scents and so many more!